Friday 12 October 2007

The Boxing Day of my Birthday


I have put both my girls back to bed this morning so I can eat my breakfast in peace and listen to the Today Programme. Etholle is awake, I can hear her singing. I got one card through the post on my birthday and one the day before. This is not because I am hopelessly unpopular, but because there has been a postal strike. A few people have admitted that they have not sent me a card because of the strike (Father in Law and Brother) but I bet everyone is using it as an excuse not to bother. I am also using the postal strike as an excuse not to send thank you cards for all the lovely gifts people bought us when Hephzibah arrived (3 months ago!) My best (only) present was a beige 1970's telephone that rings so loud it makes you jump. Better go and have a shower - today is 'Coffee and Kids' - yippee! I just love the mayhem that is a toddler group - not!! I actually find them vaguely terrifying, but Etholle thinks it's fun. Pre-children I set up a group called 'Coffee No Kids'. It sounded slightly more exciting than 'a prayer group for people who are about during the day because they don't have proper jobs' (I let people join who did in fact have proper jobs but worked shifts, but not if they had little ones in tow......I am so mean). Alan Johnson on Desert Island Discs? That's my cue to go, I think.

No comments: